Looking for self storage in Escondido or San Marcos? Your peace of mind is our priority at Storage Outlet in Escondido, California. Conveniently located in the Home Depot Center on Grand Avenue near Rose Street, we're just a short drive away from California Center for the Arts. We strive to make your storage experience as easy and convenient as possible. Our facility features Climate Control Storage Units, Large Commercial Units, and a Open 7 days a week for making move-in a breeze! Speak with one of our friendly, professional managers today about storing your belongings with us. Let Storage Outlet help you get organized and live clutter-free! We also offer storage for business needs.
Serving the Escondido area including San Marcos, Rancho Bernardo, Valley Center and nearby communities.
City Information: Escondido
Settled in a long valley in the coastal mountains of Southern California, Escondido, which means "hidden" in Spanish, lies about 18 miles inland, 100 miles south of Los Angeles, and 30 miles northeast of San Diego. Surrounded by avocado and citrus groves, Escondido is a diverse, vibrant community with just the right mix of small town friendliness and big-city buzz.
More and more people are making Escondido their "City of Choice
." As the heart of San Diego North, it is one of the few remaining communities where people of all income levels can enjoy the Southern California lifestyle. We offer attractive homes in a wide range of prices, two lakes, several parks, a sports center, golf courses, restaurants, wineries, shopping centers, comprehensive healthcare and the nearby San Diego Zoo Safari Park. In addition, the California Center for the Arts, Escondido, brings world class entertainment to the area along with Queen Califia's Magical Circle, a sculpture garden in Kit Carson Park donated by late internationally renowned artist Niki de Saint Phalle. In recent years Escondido was named by Money Magazine as the Best Place in the West in which to retire and, at the other end of the spectrum, was named a Kid-Friendly City for our broad range of youth programs. Ladies Home Journal also ranked Escondido number eight among the Top Ten Cities for Government.
Established in 1888, the city's rich past brings charm and stability to the community. You can see it in the historic homes of Old Escondido or experience it in the thriving downtown area and the weekly blast to the past, "Cruisin' Grand." Yet integrated with Escondido's treasured heritage is a progressive future, bright and brimming with promise. New jobs, new cultural amenities, new entertainment venues, new choices for residential living, and a new vision for Escondido's future, make Escondido a city to watch.
Packing and Storage Tips
Lets Start With The Ten Commandments of Self Storage
Preparing Your Items for Storage
- Use boxes that are the same in size - they will stack up much easier and utilize the space you have much better.
- As you stack, place heavy boxes on the bottom and lighter on the top. Seems logical but we have seen many a crumbled box.
- Make sure that you leave walkways between boxes so you can have ready access.
- Half full boxes tend to collapse easier during stacking.
- Leave a little space between your unit walls and boxes - helps air circulate
- Storing a refrigerator or washer/dryer? Leave doors slightly ajar this can help prevent mold from growing.
- NO flammables or combustibles allowed in any of the storage units.
- Photo or Video document your stored items thoroughly.
- Label your boxes for quick identification.
- Bubble wrap and newspaper fragile items.
Place smaller items in uniformly sized boxes. Completely fill each box with heavier items on the bottom and lighter items on the top. Uniformly sized boxes stack easier and conserve storage space.